Saturday, January 17, 2009

One Year Later


It was one year ago that I started this blog. At that time I was using it to record my thoughts regarding the Ten Commandments but over the past year I have expanded it so that I use it to record my thoughts on what I am teaching at the time. Currently I am teaching 2 Peter and this morning I was looking at the virtues that Peter tells us that we need to add to our faith. Today it was perseverance. How interesting that it was perseverance that was today's virtue and it is perseverance that has brought me this far with the blog. Someone told me the most blogs do not last even one year. In that year I have posted 349 entries. My thanks to all of you who have taken time to read these ramblings. By putting my thoughts out there in cyberspace it has kept me honest.
Perseverance is not one of those glamorous virtues but it is essential whether we are in a job, a marriage, a sport, etc. Some one said that it is too soon to quit. Perseverance is only good if you are going in the right direction. If you are not then don't persevere. Stop, turn around and start again.

1 comment:

A.W. Hall said...

Congrats on one year!!!