Sunday, April 20, 2008

I'm loving it!

This morning in class we were studying Joshua 3 and 4 and the crossing of the Jordan River. When I asked about why the Israelites were commanded to stay about 1 km from the ark some said that it was so that all could see the ark while others said so that no one could really see the ark. Both made good points. We then talked about the pile of stones that were for a memorial. Some thought that the stones were large and the miracle was that even a small pile of stones would attract the attention of the children. Others thought that they were large stones that it took a miracle to carry them from the river bed. What I loved is how the people got into the discussion. They discovered that there are great nuggets of truth that can be found when they start digging into Scripture. Meanwhile, I the teacher am learning more and more and I am loving it.

No comments: