Thursday, September 11, 2014

I don't think I know.

One time a teacher asked a student a question which the student didn't know the answer so the student turned the question back on the teacher.  The student said, "What do you think the answer is?"  The teacher responded with, "I don't think, I know."  The student then replied, "I don't think I know either."
The disciples asked Jesus to teach them about prayer.  This is the first time the disciples asked Jesus to teach them anything.  How fitting it was that they asked Him to teach them to pray.
I think if we were spending time with Jesus we would have asked Him to teach us many things about life but would we have asked Him to teach us to pray?
Luke has a great deal to say about prayer in His Gospel account.  Prayer is another of the themes that we find in Luke's Gospel account.

No comments: