Friday, September 6, 2013

Bring Your Bible to Church

Last Sunday when it came time for the sermon our Pastor asked us to turn to the Scripture and stand in reference to the Word of God while He read the Scripture. I looked around and saw many people with their Bibles open and following while He read. Sadly to say that is not the case in many churches. There are many who come to church and if they use a Bible at all it is one that is provided for them. Other churches project the Scripture onto the screen for all to see while still other churches don't even preach from the Bible. Now I know that not everyone in our church brings their Bible but I was impressed with the number of Bibles I did see open while the Scripture was being read. Some people follow on their iPads or phones or kindles and though that is okay I still do not think that it should replace the printed Word of God in a book.

No comments: