Sunday, July 7, 2013

He got his attention

This year I decided that I would do something different on Sundays.  I have been reading the Bible through in three different translations, NIV, NASB, ESV, but on Sundays I would read from the Gospels.  Each Sunday I would read two chapters and this morning I was in Luke 5.  Pastor Gord preached from Luke 5 this morning. 
Peter was a fisherman and to get a fisherman's attention you need to do something with fish.  That is what happened.  Peter ended up with the biggest catch of his life.  I am sure that he noticed that it was no mere man that had told him to let down his net.
Peter was just a casual follower but he had learned to live in daily obedience.  His act of obedience resulted in his life being changed forever.
Take a listen to Gord's sermon.  You will find it here at http://www.gregorydrive.com/?i=9087&mid=18  It hasn't been uploaded yet but listen to it when it becomes available.

No comments: