Friday, June 29, 2012

I sure hope he gets caught


The other day I was travelling down the highway about 18 km/hr over the speed limit when someone went by me going much faster than I was travelling.  My reaction was "I sure hope he gets caught by the police."  Sure enough a few minutes later there he was at the side of the road while the police officer wrote out a ticket.  As I went by I suddenly realized that I also was breaking the law but the police had decided to ignore those that drove under 20 km/hr over the speed limit.  Was I any less guilty that the one who got the ticket?  We were both speeding.  Sometimes that is the way we look at sin.  There are little sins and big sins.  I may never commit the big sin but I am guilty of the sin and any sin can keep us out of the relationship with the Father.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is also a difference between God's law and man's law, how we judge and how God judges