Saturday, February 26, 2011

I am going to empty my church Part 1

Ecuador day 4

I am going to empty my church

On Friday we flew to Guayaquil where we started the day by having fish soup for breakfast.


We then drove 50 km north and then stopped in a small village.





We then we visited Pastor Victor's church. Pastor Victor was the man who said that he wanted to empty his church and he did empty it but for four people who stayed and helped to build the church back so once again it is full.




We drove to his first daughter church. There the pastor and his wife welcomed us into the church that meets in a room that is attached to their home. We heard many testimonies and enjoyed their singing. Afterwards we were invited to enjoy refreshments in their home. Many, both young and old, brought their Bibles for us to sign. It was as if they were treating us a celebrities but I honestly felt that I was unworthy to even sit with them.





We met the church planters. Pastor Victor said that he was no longer going to plant daughter churches but rather mother churches.




Day 4 was such a busy day that I will continue this post tomorrow.

No comments: