Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Why I don't like Church?

Sometimes I have a love hate relationship with the church. Now don't miss understand me: I love the church but I don't want to go to church to sing about me or to hear sermons about what I am to be doing. It is those times I don't like church. I go to church to sing praises to my God and there are times when I want to praise Him for what He did for me but mostly I want to praise Him for who He is. Also, I know what I need to do. I don't go to hear about what I can do for God but I go to see Jesus. If my thoughts are not drawn to Him then why did I go? I need to hear the Gospel and though there will be times I need to be reminded of our marching orders I don't need to hear that too often but we cannot hear about Jesus too often.

1 comment:

MandieCurtis said...

I agree 100%... very well said. We always need to hear the gospel more and have our eyes opened to the glory and beauty of Christ.