Friday, September 18, 2009

Peace in the storm

Mike taught us about having peace in the storm this past Sunday morning. The first point was to have a proper view of heaven. The second was the presence of the Holy Spirit and the third was God's church.
Jesus told His disciples in John 16 "But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you." The Holy Spirit comes as our counselor and our comforter but we see Him as making us comfortable from the storm not comfortable in the storm. Often we view the Holy Spirit as a fire and He is but He is a wild fire not a controlled fire. We often want the fire of the Holy Spirit but we want Him contained in our fire place. That is far from who the Holy Spirit is. Do we really want the wild fire of the Holy Spirit?

No comments: