Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thank You Peter

For the past ten weeks we have been studying 2 Peter. I have learned to appreciate this man. He was a leader but he was humble. He had been reprimanded by Paul but he never lost respect for Paul. However, more than anything else he loved his Lord and he wanted his readers from his day to ours to have the same love. His final words were that God would be glorified.
This past week I was asked why I did what I did. I love to teach but that was the only reason then I should pack it in now. I want people to be life long learners. That they would have a hunger for truth. What a blessing this morning when one of the class members asked me for a sermon on a CD as she would be driving to Toronto and wanted something edifying to listen to. She models a life longer learner. May God bless her drive this week.
Thanks Peter. You have blessed us richly. May God be glorified.

No comments: