Monday, February 2, 2009

Nooma

Yesterday my wife and I brought a couple of Nooma videos home from our church library. Peter warns about false teaching but false teaching is hard to detect sometimes because it is close to the truth. I believe from what I saw that Rob Bell's Nooma videos fall into this category. He sounds scholarly with his deconstructive teaching but on closer examination it is nothing but humanism. Humanism is the most dangerous of all false teaching as it sounds close to the truth but it takes God from the center and puts man there. I wonder if we should be concerned that we are exposing our youth to this teaching? I think we should take a closer look at Rob Bell's theology.
One reason we fall for this kind of teaching is that we don't really know the truth. We all need to know the truth so well that we can smell heresy coming.

No comments: