Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday

Today I would like to wish three special people Happy Birthday. Two I know well the third I have never met.
My granddaughter turned six today. She is a special, sweet young lady who was born while we were on the other side of the world.
My friend and fellow Bible teacher turned 53 today however he likes to celebrate his birthday on February 14 as it was that day, 41 years ago, that he learned that he was going to live and not die. For 41 years since that day he has lived cancer free and is a testimony not only to God's mercy and grace to to how God can redeem the what someone else may consider of no value and make it beautiful. Last night he reminded us again from the lessons of 2 Peter that not only we should continue to proclaim the Gospel while we are alive but even after we have died.
The beloved Gospel singer George Beverly Shea turned 100 today. What a testimony he has been over the years.

No comments: