Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Uncle Bill


I was reading in Joshua about the dividing of the land and I came to chapter 14 and the story of Caleb. In his old age, he was 85, he still wanted to have his possession. As I read about Caleb I thought about my mother's brother, Bill. Uncle Bill was a farmer but he loved his God. He taught his children well and though he has gone to glory his two daughters and his 6 grandchildren have served the Lord faithfully as missionaries. Uncle Bill claimed his possessions in Christ and passed that on to his children. This was not something that happened when he was an old man, he died at 93, but it was his whole life. Caleb had lived his whole life with all out devotion to his God. He didn't get his possession until he was 85 but he got it.
Someone said, what type of old man do you want to be? You have to start being that person while you are young.

No comments: