Monday, July 21, 2008

The Party is Over

The party is over and everything has returned to normal. The past two weeks have been a time of celebration with family and friends but now everyone has gone home and the routines of life begin to settle in again.
The wedding is over, the honeymooners are home. The rest of the family has gone back to their lives.
The past two weeks have seen
Wedding plans,
wedding,
swimming,
trips to Toronto and Detroit and the grocery store.
BBQs
"I don't like chicken"
discussions around the church and God's Word
laughter
crying
games
"whose turn is it?"
"Make another pot of coffee"
visiting
swimming again
more BBQ
more swimming
"You're watching Tree House"
more discussions
visits with friends, family, children, grandchildren.
I loved it but now it is time
to mow the lawn
clean the house
do laundry
Bibles for Missions
Back to the Bible
reading
walking
I am glad that live is back to the routines but I am looking forward to the next time when we all get together again.
God has blessed us with a great family. Children who love God and their family. Though they are far away (except our daughter) we are close in love and affection.
I read in Psalm 47:4 this morning, "He chose our inheritance for us" and though I thought of the Israelites and Joshua I see that God has chosen an inheritance for each of us. God is so good.

No comments: