Saturday, July 5, 2008

Firm Forever

As I am going through the Psalms in the morning I came this morning to Psalm 33. Verse 11 says, "But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations." There are certain attributes of God that I find more meaningful to me than others. One is the fact that He is the unchanging God. It bothers me that there are those who would teach that God has changed. If He is God then He cannot change. There are those who tell us that God will change His mind if we pray. This verse tells me that His plans are unchanging. So what changes when we pray? Some would say that if God does not change when we pray then why bother to pray. Is prayer about getting our will done or God's will?

1 comment:

GDAC Bible Studies said...

I have a friend, same one who asked me to read the book What Love is This? who told me that intercessory prayer changes God's will. I believe my God is sovereign and unchanging and cannot be manipulated. So now I ask another question, what is the purpose of intercesory prayer?