Thursday, March 14, 2013

Panama Goodbye

Two weeks ago I came to Panama without any expectations.  Since arriving here I have visited many wonderful places such as the Panama Canal, the old city, the jungle and I have spent a great deal of time at the Panama Christian Academy.  Here I have taught grade 6 and 7 mathematics, grade  6 Bible and observed many other teachers.  I hope I have been an encouragement to them as there seems to be so little support for Mathematics teachers here.
It has also been a joy to work with my brother and his wife and see how they have approached retirement.  Retirement for a Christian should be a change.  The change is not from working to resting but from working to support our families to service.  The gifts and talents that God has given to us so that we can do our jobs are not taken away from us when we retire.  We should continue to use them for His glory and for His kingdom.  Retirement should not be the same for a Christian as it is for and unbeliever.  If you are thinking of retirement plan to take some time to rest but then see what God has for you.  There is nothing more rewarding than using what God has given you for His glory.
Tomorrow I go home and I begin to think about another year.  Maybe I won't be able to continue to do this but as long as the Lord gives me strength I want to use my gifts and talents for His glory.

No comments: