Monday, December 10, 2012

In Trouble Again

I am not really in trouble but sometimes it seems like it.  Yesterday I asked the question whether people would be saved in the tribulation and almost everyone responded that they did.  My pre-trib dispensational upbringing crept in and I was thinking about the rapture taking place before the tribulation.  Now it may but my thinking is that it won't.  I believe that tribulation will continue to increase and during the last seven years before the return of Christ it will be so intense that it will be called the great tribulation.  Yes, people will be saved and at the return of Christ they will be part of the great multitude surrounding the throne.
Why do I no longer believe in a pre-tribulation rapture?  Having lived in the Philippines, traveled to South America and to Africa I can see the suffering that God's people are going through today.  Only in comfort-driven North America are we concerned about having to suffer through the tribulation. Get over it.  Remember that the Scriptures say that we will come through the tribulation not be destroyed by it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do all Christians who suffer for their faith do so without the longing of being delivered? If so than when things change in NA (and they will) maybe we will then see who the true church is. I don't think its fair to assume that any ethnic group would wish persecution on another, perhaps if it would put us through a refiners fire, drawing us closer to the father, but persecution for faith which produces life and obedience is different than judgment and the outpouring of God's wrath on the nations.I certainly don't think I have all the answers but I sure love to try. Thanks Joe for getting me thinking about all the wonderful attributes of our amazing Father and reminding me to live a life that has the sign of the Spirit. I might not want any tribulation in my life but I'll never deny Him! JVK