Friday, August 24, 2012

Grateful but who to thank!

Imagine seeing a beautiful sunset and being filled with thanks but having no one to thank.  If you don't believe in God then who do you thank for your blessings.  Do you thank your lucky stars?  I don't think so, in fact, I know you don't.  So who then do  you thank.
This past weekend we were driving through the mountains of western Canada and we stopped at the most beautiful lake in the world, Lake Louise.  I had been there forty years earlier with my new wife and this time I was there with my son and daughter-in-law.  The lake fills you with awe and you cannot help but think of the One who created it and then hid it away in the mountains where few would ever see it.  Isn't that like our God.  I was so glad that I knew the Creator and was able to be thankful to Him for His beautiful creation.  Below are a few pictures of this magnificent lake.  The first is from forty years ago the second is from this past week.

No comments: