Thursday, August 23, 2012

Boundary line in pleasant places

This past weekend we had a family reunion in honour of my oldest brother who was celebrating fifty years of marriage.  All of my brothers and sisters were there and we have all choosen different lives.  We have different occupations and we live in different parts of Canada.  It is easy to look at another brother or sister and to be envious of them for there live or where they live.  However, I am reminded of the Scripture from Psalm 16:5,6 which says, "Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance."
The Lord has assigned our place and when we realize that it is the place He has assigned for us it is a pleasant place.  If I were to think that my brother's or sister's place was a better or more pleasant place than the one assigned to me then my own place ceases to be the pleasant place.  It is only as I rest in the sovereign knowledge of God that I can honestly say that the boundary lines have fallen for me in a very pleasant place. 

No comments: