Thursday, August 18, 2011

Is God Poltical?

One definition of political is: "relating to your views about social relationships involving authority or power." If that is the definition of political then the answer would be "yes, God is political." God is concerned about social relationship that involve authority and power. However, we often associate being political with being liberal or conservative, Republican or Democrat. God is not liberal or conservative; He is neither Republican or a Democrat but He cares about social relationships. God is less concerned about our views as they align with a political party as He is with our views in how we care for one another.
Now this is my opinion and I would love to have other opinions to think about. You may think I am baying at the moon or you may think I am being naive. Maybe I am but help me think this through.

No comments: