Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The furnace did it!

I was reading in Exodus about the time that Moses confronted Aaron regarding the golden calf. Aaron made the excuse that all he did was throw in the gold and out came the calf. Basically he said that the furnace did it.
Since that time people have basically been using the same excuse. If you were born into my family, if you lived where I lived, if you had my job, if you had my ... and the excuses go on. People are willing to blame anyone or anything but refuse to take responsibility for themselves.
I remember hearing a native pastor say that for years he had blamed his father for what had happened to him until one day the Holy Spirit said that he was not responsible for his father but he was responsible for himself. At that point he took responsibility for his own actions and found forgiveness and release. Stop blaming the furnace.

No comments: