Thursday, October 29, 2009

Better than angels

Have you ever encountered an angel? Sometimes I think we do but they are in disguise. For example, once when I was driving to Toronto on a Sunday evening the power steering quit on the car. I opened the hood and saw that the belt was off so I grabbed a wrench and put it back on. A few minutes later it was off again. As I stood looking at the car an old Ford pickup pulled in behind me. The driver said he could help me and took me to a service centre where he called a friend of his who had a garage and a tow truck. In short the friend was able to fix my car but before I was on my way the other man phoned to see if I was okay and said that he could help me by finding me a place to stay that night if I needed one. He didn't look like an angel but he acted like one. We often think of angels as being very powerful and awesome but there is one who is greater than any angel and that is the Son, Jesus Christ.

No comments: