Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Driving the Truck


I am one of the drivers of our BFM truck and when I read the dividing of the land by Joshua and the elders it reminded me of how I get directions sometimes. Go down to the corner where the big tree is and turn left. Follow that road to the Smith farm and take the next right. An on and on go the directions. Now I am a relatively new comer to Chatham so I need directions that include street names and addresses. We now use a GPS which does help.
The dividing of the land was somewhat like those directions. They used well known landmarks to draw the property lines. However, as they did this they determined a great deal about what would happen in people lives and for the descendants. It was not down by chance, God determined where would be the best place for families to live so that they could come to know Him. Where you live is where God placed you and it is there that you can find Him.

No comments: