Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Dentist

Today I went to the dentist. He had to replace an old filling. Before he began to take out the old filling he had to put in freezing. It use to be that you would receive a needle to freeze the tooth and then the dentist would begin to do his work on the tooth. Today I received a numbing on the gum before the the needle to freeze the tooth. We do not want any pain.
I am I writing about this in a blog about Bible teaching? While I sat in the dentist chair I thought about Joshua. Just as we want to remove any pain from dental work we want to remove those parts of the Scriptures that make us uncomfortable. We do not want the killing that is part of the book of Joshua. Over the next few weeks we will have to take a look at this. I am interested in what you may think about this.

No comments: