Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Photo of the Day

On my daughter's twenty first birthday I started a new hobby. I decided that I would take at least one phot each day which I put into a file called photo of the day. Since that day I have taken a photo every day however, there are three days missing in September when my car was broken into and my camera was stolen. I have taken pictures of clouds, trees, flowers, snow, ice, sunsets, people, houses, cars, animals and more. It means that I take my camera with me when I go for a walk, go to a meeting, go for a drive.
So what does this have to do with the fourth commandment? One thing I learned by taking a photo every day was that I looked at things around me differently. Instead of seeing a pond cover with ice I saw the unique patterns made by the cracks in the ice. My mind needed to change in the way I looked at things and the world around me. That is the way it is with the fourth commandment. We need to have a mind change in which we look at the keeping of the Sabbath. It must change from being just the Sabbath of the mind to the Sabbath of the heart which makes us stop and look at the fourth commandment with new eyes.

No comments: