Monday, July 16, 2012

Playful

We visited the Toronto zoo a couple of weeks ago and we watched the otters play in the water.  It reminded me that we don't play enough.  I love to play.  Not just competitive games but silly things like climbing a tree or dressing up or doing puzzles with the grand kids.  When I taught I loved to do fun things with my students.  It is too easy to look at Mathematics as a discipline and not see the fun and joy of it. 
Our God is playful.  Why else would He make the otter the anteater or other such creations.  I sometimes think we miss the playfulness of God because we are too busy defending Him (you cannot defend a lion) or trying to understand Him (how can a finite mind understand the infinite).  Sometimes we just need to enjoy Him and His wonderful creation.

No comments: