Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Little Dry

April has been a dry month for me regarding blogging. First we went to California for our son's graduation from police academy then we have been busy preparing for Easter. This weekend our grandchildren (and parents) are here as well as our son and daughter-in-law from Ottawa.
However, this week we are looking at the second half of Daniel 9 and do we dare talk about the seventy weeks. Today at breakfast I was talking about mathematics with my grandkids and asked them to give me an irrational number. My grandson said "Eleventeen". His understanding of my question was about the same as my understanding of Daniel 9 when Gabriel says to Daniel that he is going to give him understanding and then talks about the seventy weeks. My head spins. Where is my understanding? I have listen to two different preachers, both of whom I admire for their wisdom and understanding, and they have totally different interpretations. Oh my, oh my. This is understanding?

No comments: